- Named in July, 2003 as the National DUI Lawyer of the Year by the National College for DUI Defense, Inc. This is the first and only such award ever given to an attorney by the national organization.
Mr. Head with Dr. David Stafford (left) and Hon. Roderick Kennedy (right), NM Ct of Appeals at Annual Meeting of AAFS, Dallas Texas, 2004.
- Attended the American Academy of Forensic Sciences Meeting in Dallas, TX, February 2004 for advanced scientific training.
- Co-author (with Reese I. Joye, Jr.) of101 Ways to Avoid a Drunk Driving Conviction, published by Maximar Publishing Company, Inc. of Atlanta, GA. Copyright 1991.
- Author of DUI Trial Tactics (Seminar materials, 78 pg.) for Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Copyright 1992.
- Co-author (with Reese I. Joye, Jr.) of seminar materials (228 pages) and speaker for DUI/DWI Workshop, 1992 ATLA National Convention, Washington, DC.
- Speaker, 49th Annual Melvin Belli Conference, Washington, DC, 1992.
- Program Chairman and Speaker, ICLE of Georgia's "Defense of Drinking Drivers" Seminar, December 1992.
- Co-author (with Bentley C. Adams) of DUI Update (seminar materials, 50 pg.) for Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, January, 1993.
- Presenter on Motion Practice in DUI/DWI Cases at the "DWI National Seminar", Las Vegas, Nevada (sponsored by the Minnesota Society for Criminal Justice, February 1993).
- Author,Five Myths About Defending Accused Drunk Drivers, vol. 29, No. 3, p. 64, Trial Magazine (Publication of American Trial Lawyers Association); March, 1993.
- Author, HandlingLicense Revocations and Suspensionsin Georgia, published by Headlines Marketing Corporation, Copyright 1993.
- Program Chairman and Speaker, ICLE of Georgia's "Handling License Revocations and Suspensions in Georgia" Seminar, April, 1993.
- Speaker, "ICLE Practical Criminal Practice Seminar", May 6, 1993; topic: Recent Developments in DUI Law.
- 1993 ATLA National Convention, Speaker and co-author of 280-page materials for DUI/DWI Workshop; Speaker on "The Importance of Networking in Personal Injury Cases", 50th Annual Melvin Belli Conference, San Francisco, CA 1993.
- Speaker and Co-author of materials for ICJE-Georgia, State Court Judges' Conference, Amicalola Falls, GA, October 22, 1993.
- Co-author (with Reese I. Joye, Jr.) of program materials and speaker at the Mississippi Trial Lawyers Association's Criminal Law Seminar titled "DUI/DWI Workshop"; October 29, 1993.
- Program chairman, Editor and Co-author for "Defense of Drinking Drivers Institute", ICLE-Georgia, December 9th and 10th, 1993.
- Speaker and co-author (with Ural D.L. Glanville) at January 19, 1994 Georgia ICJE Conference for Superior Court Judges' Conference, Athens, Georgia.
- Program Chairman and Speaker, "DUI Defense", Nashville, TN, April 22, 1994
- Program Workshop and Materials, The ABC's of DUI, Young Lawyers Section, State Bar of Georgia, May 24, 1994
Seminar Workshop, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, "Bring Your Files: DUI Cases", July 15, 1994
William C. Head Speaking at November 2006 ICLE Statewide Broadcast at GPTV Studio
- Sponsor and Attendee, "NHTSA Standardized Field Sobriety Test Certified Course", Atlanta, GA, July 29-30, 1994
- Program Chairman, Editor of Materials and Panelist, "Mastering Scientific Evidence in DUI/DWI Cases", Atlanta, GA, Southeastern Educational Institute, October 14, 1994
- Speaker, "DUI Update", Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Unicoi, GA, November 5, 1994
- Host and Contributing Participant, "NHTSA Standardized Field Sobriety Test Certified Course", Atlanta, GA, December 15-17, 1994
- Speaker,"Defense of Drinking Drivers in Alabama", Birmingham, AL, December 16, 1994
- Speaker, "New Developments in DUI Accusations", Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Atlanta, GA, January 13, 1995
- Presenter on the Intoximeter 3000 at the DWI National Seminar in Las Vegas, NV (sponsored by the Minnesota Society for Criminal Justice, February 1995)
- Speaker (Intoxilyzer 5000) and Panelist (Ethics), "Defense of Drinking Drivers" Seminar, ICLE-Georgia, February 24, 1995, Atlanta, GA
- Program Chairman and Speaker, "Mastering Scientific Evidence in DUI/DWI Cases" Seminar, Biloxi, MS, April 27 - 28, 1995
- Speaker and Program Chairman, Georgia DUI Update, GACDL, June 2, 1995, Atlanta, GA.
- Speaker, "DUI/DWI Workshop", ATLA National Convention, New York, NY, July 18, 1995
- Speaker (three separate presentations) "National College for DUI Defense", Harvard University, Boston, MA, July 20-22, 1995
- Wrote the 1995 update to Chapter ( Behind the Wheel ) for high school text, An Introduction to Law in Georgia, for the Carl Vinson Institute of Government, University of Georgia
- Interviewed for WSB-TV Channel 2 (Atlanta) news story about the reduction in number of DUI convictions in Georgia, aired July 21, 1995
- Feature Story, Front Page of Atlanta Constitution, July 21, 1995
- Host and Contributing Participant, "NHTSA Standardized Field Sobriety Test Certified Course", Atlanta, GA, August 18-20, 1995; September 19, 1995
- Speaker for Cobb County Trial Lawyers' Association on DUI Law
- Subject of Gwinnett County jury trial (pre-trial motions) filming and 3-part special report by John Pruitt for WSB-TV Channel 2 (Atlanta) news concerning the inability of the State of Georgia to get Intoxilyzer 5000 breath test evidence admitted into evidence at trial of a 0.293 BrAC/accident case, which aired on October 9-11, 1995
- Interviewed for special report on drunk driving by CBN (Christian Broadcast Network, which aired October 20, 1995)
- WPBS Radio interview (live) about DUI law, October 12, 1995
- Speaker, Atlanta Bar Association, How to Use Publicity to Your Advantage , November 2, 1995
- Multi-City Tour on "Advanced DUI Trial Tactics", November 3 to December 8, 1995 (Chicago, San Francisco, Atlantic City, Orlando and Dallas) and Speaker on 1 to 3 subjects at each site.
- Program Chairman and Host, "Georgia DUI Defense Trial Practice" Seminar, January 26, 1996.
- Author,The Georgia DUI Trial Practice Manual, published by Thomson-West Publishing, 3rd Edition, ©2004
Mr. Head Speaking for Attorney training Seminar Sponsored by www.waldenplatt.com on the topic of Drug Recognition Overview (DRE), November 11, 2006
In addition to seminars for attorneys, Mr. Head has been a guest speaker or interview subject on the topic of defending the drinking driver for more than 50 radio and television programs, from California to Massachusetts to Florida. He has been quoted on the subject of DUI law in newspapers and other publications around the country, including USA Today, Lawyers Weekly USA, the National Law Journal, the Charlotte Observer, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Macon Telegraph and The Fulton County Daily Report. He has consulted with ABC News for a segment for Day One in 1995, and has assisted Prime Time Live with another story in 1995. He has also been invited to speak to the Georgia General Assembly's House Judiciary Committee on the subject of DUI law. Mr. Head serves on the DWI Journal Editorial Board, the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Legislative Committee, and the GACDL Watchdog Committee (to monitor proposed changes in Georgia's breath testing program).
Member of the following organizations:
- Former Regent and co-founder of the National College for DUI Defense, Inc.
- Life Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Life Member, Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Founding Member and Benefactor, South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Founder and member of Georgia D.O.D.D. (Defense of Drinking Drivers), a statewide [GA] network of dedicated DUI defense attorneys
- Joye-Cole-Huff Group (South Carolina DUI "think tank")
- Mentor, 1000 Lawyers for Justice (pro bono legal assistance to incarcerated indigents)
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Gate City Bar Association
- Gwinnett County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, The Georgia Innocence Project
- Editorial Board, The DWI Journal, Fanwood, NJ
Class of Public Defenders Trained in 2003 on NHTSA Standardized Field Sobriety Tests in class sponsored by William C. Head [Instructors: William (Bill) Taylor and Robert Kupkowski. Who volunteered their time to help the Public Defenders with their DUI training].
Mr. Head has been named to the following lists:
- Who's Who in the World
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who in the South and Southwest
- Who's Who in Business and Industry
- Who's Who in America
- Order of Barristers
Mr. Head is presently published in the following:
- Chapter on "Georgia DUI Law and Other Serious Driving Offenses" for the Georgia Jurisprudence multi-volume set of Lawyers Cooperative Publishing Company's (© 1995 Rochester, NY).
- Chapter in Medicolegal Aspects of Alcohol Determination (Fourth Edition © 2003) on Defending the DUI Driver , Lawyers & Judges Publishing Company, Tucson, AZ, (James C. Garriott, Editor).
- 101 Ways to Avoid a Drunk Driving Conviction, Maximar Publishing © 1991
- The Georgia DUI Trial Practice Manual, 3rd Edition [© 2004 Thomson-West Publishing].